From me to you
Sometimes, just the thought of having your photograph taken can make you feel uncomfortable, awkward and nervous and finding a photographer who takes the time to understand you – who you are and who you are becoming – can be inconceivable. How can you be sure you’ve found a photographer you can be comfortable with? Someone who aligns with your design and style sensibilities?
Comparing information across numerous websites is frustrating! Without knowing if the photographers’ portfolio matches their expertise or ability to mesh with a client, how are you expected to choose?
You’ve got a vision. You need to know that your vision is going to be met.
- I will coach you on how to look like you feel in a photograph.
- I will show you that “unphotogenic” is not a real word.
- I will help you translate the image you’ve got in your head to the real world.
One photographer does not fit all. Whether you’re the kind of person who jumps in the deep end or tests the water with a big toe first, the next thing to do is to be certain that we can work together. Trust isn’t gained from a website alone, it’s built in person and you need to be sure that you can relax with me.
Let’s chat on the phone or schedule a consult over a coffee – in person in the studio or virtually over zoom. I’d love to hear about your vision and how you’d like to take control of the gaze.
When I’m photographing someone, the only thing that matters in that moment is my connection to them. There’s a beautiful thing that happens when people realise that they don’t have to be anything but themselves. Everyone relaxes when the walls come down. Confidence begins.
I want to challenge people’s perception of beauty and capture a photograph that’s real, that’s authentic and that show’s a person’s character and sometimes their pain.
Honestly, I’m more comfortable going deep than I am skimming the surface and don’t really connect with outward beauty unless it matches the innards. It’s the inner beauty that I’m always trying to reveal.
“Creativity is the way I share my soul with the world” – Brene Brown
For me, creating is a catharsis that feeds my heart, soul and mind. It’s how I translate the good in me and the bad in me into art and let some of that go.
BOOK AN OBLIGATION FREE CONSULT WITH AMANDA
- I am a home body.
- The older I get, the more comfortable I become with being different and the more accepting I am of myself.
- My happy place is beside a camp fire.
- Love my family, love connection, love my own space.
- I’m an over-functioner.
- I am more comfortable in a deep conversation than I am with small talk.
- I am painfully honest – sometimes to my own detriment.
- I am a great networker who struggles with networking.
- I love listening to Rob Zombie just as much as I love listening to Ludovico Einaudi.
- Self belief, expression and interiority matter most to me.
- I have no time for superficiality and the promotion of mediocrity.
- I am a firm believer in community over competition.
Amanda is a Certified Professional Photographer and current president of the Professional Photographers' Association of Queensland. The PPAQ guarantees the highest standards in professional photography, ensuring exceptional imagery, business probity and client confidence.
Amanda is also a volunteer photographer with Heartfelt - a volunteer organisation of professional photographers dedicated to giving the gift of photographic memories to families who have experienced stillbirth or have children with serious or life threatening illness.